Yep. You heard that right! Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Icing! Plus some green onion sprinkles …and a filling made of mozzarella cheese.
They are almost too pretty to eat, huh? These are the cute silicone baking cups that I used. I love them! I love meatloaf. I mean I really LOVE meatloaf and I have 3 recipes that I make on the regular, each equally delish, but I recently got a recipe for bbq meatloaf with mozzarella cheese on the inside, so I had to make them and let me tell you this – they didn’t last long. My goddaughter even loved them, and she’s a picky eater so this was a total triumph at my house.
The trick? Use mozzarella sticks for the filling. I tried shredded mozzarella but it just kind of melted into them and didn’t have the visual appeal that I am always after …or as Abbi says “You don’t even care if we eat. It’s all about the BLOG!!!!”
Thankfully for her, she was fed well while she was here for 7 months. I bet she misses me, although I doubt that she would admit it …because she’s 10. At 10, they don’t realize how good they really have it, do they? Love her. Miss her more than I miss about anybody actually.
These are for you Abbi! Make your momma whip up a batch and think about how much you love your Aunt Lynne when you eat them!
- 1 lb lean ground beef - the leaner the better because when you make these in a cupcake tin grease is your enemy here!
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 1/4 c bbq sauce - make sure it's a gluten free variety
- 1/4 c gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 2 sticks of mozzarella string cheese
- Mashed potatoes
- Mix everything together
- Place about 1/2 of the mixture in your cupcake tin spaces -- I've also used silicone cups on a baking sheet
- Cut the string cheese into 1/4 pieces and place on top of the meat, pressing down lightly, making sure not to push it down to far to the bottom
- Place the other 1/2 of the meat on top of each cupcake, sealing around the edges so that the cheese doesn't ooze out
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes, depending upon your preference. I know someone who likes them almost burned - to each his own I say!
- During the last 5 minutes of baking - top with bbq sauce and put back into the oven for those 5 minutes
- I put my mashed potatoes into a pastry bag and piped it on just like icing then topped with some sliced green onions!
visit homepage says
I don’t know whether it’s just me or if everybody else experiencing issues with your blog.
It looks like some of the written text on your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback
and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a issue with my internet browser because I’ve had this happen previously.
It looks correct on two laptops, a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, iPad 2, iPhone 4s and 5s and everything else. It’s a completely responsive design so it looks like the problem may be on your end.