So you know that gluten free brownie mix I posted the other day? Well, it is fabulously delish, so we made a million brownies, because I had to make sure everyone liked it, didn’t I?
These gluten free caramel filled brownie bites with buttercream frosting are the real deal, folks. Chewy and fudgy and I had a bag of Kraft Caramels, so I had to take them over the top, because that’s how I roll.
I’ve tried making caramel by boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk for about 3 hours, but I just don’t really care for the taste. I know, I know – get the pitchforks, but honestly I like melting Kraft caramels and adding some heavy cream because it just tastes better, gets stretchy and I love it when it sticks in my teeth. I’m a weirdo, but if you’ve been reading this blog, you already know that, don’t you? We’re all weirdos around here…
I didn’t have any mini cupcake liners, so I cut out 4 inch by 4 inch squares of parchment and used those, because you can do that in a pinch, did you know that? I have a paper cutter so it wasn’t a big deal, but if you have to cut them by hand then you’ll be glad you only need 12. My mini cupcake pan makes 12 and with this mix, I only had enough left over to make about 4 more so I just popped them in after without the liners and instantly regretted it. Have you ever tried to get brownies out of an unsprayed cupcake pan? Not only did I forget to spray it, but that caramel stuck so bad, I just grabbed a spoon and ate it right out of the pan because I’m obviously such a lady.
Anyway, stuck or not, these brownie bites are simply divine I tell ya! The gluten free brownie mixes I have used are too crumbly and dry for me since I like them a little undercooked and fudgy …weirdo, remember?
What I did was put a small scoop into the cups and used a spoon to hollow them out a little then added a spoonful of caramel and topped with another scoop of the brownie mix. I have a small ice cream scoooper, but I honestly don’t know the actual size – it’s just the small size scooper if that tells you anything.
I know that at 350 degrees, they only took 15 minutes to bake, but like I said, I like them a little undercooked because when they cool they are super fugy …how many times have I said fudgy in this post? Too many?
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c gluten free flour
- 1/3 c cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 40 Kraft caramels
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- 1 c butter at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- Unwrap 40 Kraft caramels and place into saucepan with 2 TBS of heavy cream
- Heat until melted and smooth - stirring constantly
- Mix ingredients - but do not over mix - I prefer to do this by hand and not use a mixer
- Place 1 small scoop of batter into mini cupcake pan
- Take a spoon and round out the inside to make room for the caramel
- Place about 1 tsp of caramel into each well
- Cover with another scoop of brownie mix
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Cool completely
- With the whisk attachment, whisk butter until creamy about 5 minutes
- Add vanilla
- Mix another minute
- Add pinch of salt and 2 TBS of heavy cream
- Mix until blended
- Add the powdered sugar about a 1/2 c at a time
- After it's mixed well, turn up the mixer and beat for about 5 minutes until fluffy
- Frost your brownie bites as desired!
[…] Get the full recipe here. […]
[…] GET THE RECIPE […]
[…] Caramel Filled Brownie Bites with Buttercream Icing – I Could Give a Fork […]