I don’t know about you folks, but I love strawberry iced tea. We drink a lot of sweet tea here (Southern roots y’all) but when my strawberries come in, that means Strawberry Sweet Tea – can I get an AMEN??? I make a lemon simple syrup for my teas and lemonades, but a simple strawberry syrup is always the first in line once my crop is in. You can use it in your iced tea, lemonade or water and it’s really super easy to make. Just pour ya a glass of tea and add about 3 tablespoons of this sweet syrup – you can adjust to suit your taste – and it looks like this:
Looks good, huh? Well, you can have ya a glass too – just check out my simple strawberry syrup recipe and get to fixin’! The best part? You can use raspberries, blueberries, cherries or whatever fruit you desire! I use lemons and make a lemon syrup the same way as well.
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c water
- 2 c strawberries
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan and heat until almost boiling - stirring until the sugar crystals have dissolved.
- Add the strawberries - make sure they have been cleaned and hulled - and boil for about 10 minutes or so stirring constantly until the color leaves the berries. Remove the foam using a spoon and discard. At this point, you can use a masher if you desire (I always desire!) and really get those juices out of the berries.
- Strain through some cheesecloth or strainer - you can also use a food mill.
- Let cool, pour into a bottle or container with a lid and refrigerate.
- This will keep for about a week - but it never lasts that long at my house!
If you make this – please leave me a comment and tell me all about it below! I love to talk!